2016 election protection & Voter Empowerment
Download your Maryland Voter Empowerment Card
The ACLU of Maryland's Election Protection campaign is a statewide effort to educate voters about their rights and solve problems at the polls. We will hold a hotline - 410-889-8555 - for Maryland voters on Election Day (November 8). We will reach out to groups across the state and political spectrum to raise awareness of the hotline and distribute thousands of Maryland Voter Empowerment cards.
What are the 4 Keys to Unlock Your Vote?
1. If you’re not in prison, you have the right to vote.
2. You can still register to vote during early voting (Oct. 27-Nov.3).
3. If you can prove you live in Maryland, no one except an election judge can challenge your eligibility to vote.
4. If you witness voter intimidation or harassment, call the ACLU at 410-889-8555.
The bottom line: If you’re …
- 18 years old
- Live in Maryland
- U.S. citizen
- Not currently incarcerated for a felony
… You CAN VOTE!